Carrie Bowman Dalley Faculty Profile
Carrie Bowman Dalley,
Currently, she is the course director of ‘Anesthesia Pharmacology,’ ‘Advanced Pharmacology,’ ‘Evidence-Based Research Methods,’ and the three-part ‘Clinical Research Seminar.’ Additionally, she is the Course Director of ‘Fundamentals of Pharmacology’ for the Georgetown University undergraduate BSN program.
Her excellence in teaching has been recognized by a ‘Faculty Achievement in Education Award’ at Georgetown University Medical Center Convocation in 2015 and an ‘Innovation in Teaching Award’ at Georgetown University Department of Nursing in 2007.
Dr. Bowman Dalley received her BSN at the University of Washington and MS in Nurse Anesthesia from Georgetown University. In 2017, she earned her PhD in Pharmacology with a research focus on “The Role of Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 1 in Glioma Cell Line Viability.”Dr. Bowman Dalley practices as a CRNA at Georgetown University Hospital where she provides expert anesthesia care to a variety of sub-specialties and is a preceptor to nurse anesthesia students.
In addition to her service in the DNAP program, Dr. Bowman Dalley also volunteers as a Section Editor for the International Student Journal of Nurse Anesthesiaand has developed the content for the NBCRNA Applied Clinical Pharmacology CPC Module. Within the University, she serves on a number of committees within the Nurse Anesthesia Program, the Department of Nursing, and at the Institutional level.
Scholarly publications and presentations have included:
- Richards, C. Richards, J., Slaven, S., O’Guin, C., Pottter, B., Bowman Dalley, C. (2021). Estimation of surgical blood loss by anesthesia and surgical trainees:Impact of an educational intervention on inter-rater reliability. AANA Journal, 89, (6). 467-475.
- Gisriel, C., Bowman Dalley, C. Walker, A. (2021). Supplementing pharmacological didactic lectures with high fidelity simulation: a pilot study. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 53. p. 59-65.
- Bowman Dalley, C, Wroblewska, B. Wolfe, B, Wroblewski, J. The Role of Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 1 Dependent Signaling in Glioma Viability. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.367, pp 59-70, 2018.
- Bowman Dalley, C. Wroblewska, B. Wolfe, B, Wroblewski, J. The Role of Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 1 Dependent Signaling in Glioma Viability. Poster presented at the 9thInternational Meeting on Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors 2017; October 4th2017.
- Gelb T, Pshenichkin S, Hathaway HA, Grajkowska E, Dalley CB, Wolfe BB, et al. Atypical signaling of metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 in human melanoma cells. Biochemical Pharmacology. 98(1), pp.182-189, 2015.
- DiRaddo JO, Miller EJ, Bowman-Dalley C, Wroblewska B, Javidnia M, Grajkowska E, et al. Chloride is an Agonist of Group II and III Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors. Molecular Pharmacology. 88(3), pp.450-9, 2015.
- Tuan EW, Horti AG, Olson TT, Gao Y, Stockmeier CA, Al-Muhtasib N, Bowman Dalley, C, et al. AT-1001 Is a Partial Agonist with High Affinity and Selectivity at Human and Rat alpha3beta4 Nicotinic Cholinergic Receptors. Molecular Pharmacology, 88(4), pp. 640-9, 2015.
- Bowman Dalley C, Goode V, Horvath C, Jasinski D, Tola D. Chapter 39: Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance. In: Taylor, C. R, Lillis, C., Lynn, P. ed. Fundamentals of nursing: The art and science of person-centered care, 8thed.Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2015.
- Bowman Dalley, C, Lewin A, Tuan E, Al-Muhtasib N, Tran T, Gao Y, Horti AG, Keller, KJ. AT-1001: Pharmacological profile at rat and human α3β4 and α4β2 nicotinic receptors. Poster presented at: Neuroscience 2013 (SFN); November 10, 2013; San Diego, CA.
- Dalley CB, Tola D, Kesten K. Providing safe passage: rapid sequence intubation for advanced practice nurses, AACN Advanced Critical Care. 23(3): pp. 1-14, 2012.
- Bowman C, Hillard J. Chapter 34: Anesthetic Complications Associated with ECT. In: Kirsh J, Brambrink, A. ed. Essentials of Neurosurgical Anesthesia & Critical Care: Strategies for Prevention, Early Detection, and Successful Management of Perioperative Complications. New York, NY: Springer, 2011.
- “The Role of the Nurse Anesthetist.” National Student Nurses’ Association National Convention. April 8, 2006
- Bowman CC. The Gum elastic bougie and the morbidly obese patient (case report). International Student Journal of Nurse Anesthesia.3(3): pp. 118-20, 2004.
- Bowman C, Coursey A. Evaluation of post-operative comfort in pediatric patients receiving different pre-medication agents (abstract). International Student Journal of Nurse Anesthesia. 3(3), pp. 132, 2004.