Message from the DNAP Program Director
The most enjoyable part of a Program Director’s job is seeing the SRNAs grow and mature over their three years into confident and competent CRNAs. Our task is made easier by the outstanding caliber of the students who attend our program and the superb faculty who teach them.
For the applicant who wants to get the most out of their training, the program offers first-class facilities, simulation, human cadaver lab experiential hands-on learning, and outstanding clinical opportunities. The close bonds which develop between the students are really special and long-lasting far beyond training.
We look forward to meeting you and being a part of the next important step in your journey as you develop in your professional careers.
Ladan Eshkevari, PhD, CRNA, L.Ac., FAAN
Do you want to learn more about the DNAP Program at Georgetown?
Please check back for the next information session.
Have questions or need guidance during the application cycle?
Join me for virtual drop-in hours. No appointment necessary! When you enter Zoom, you will be in a waiting room and will be accepted into the main room.
Every Tuesday and Thursday 12 – 1 pm EST.
You may also schedule a call with Edith De Leon, Program Manager
Program Background & Features
The Georgetown University Nurse Anesthesia program is a rigorous 3-year full-time program that leads to a Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice (DNAP) degree. The program of study offers front-loaded didactic course work in the first 12 months, with clinical focus and full immersion into the nurse anesthesia role in the second and third years. Clinical placements are designated by the faculty at clinical sites throughout the greater Washington metropolitan area.
In 2016, the program was accredited by the Council on Accreditation (new window) of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA) under the directorship of Ladan Eshkevari,
Dr. Eshkevari and her team of highly credentialed CRNA faculty have consistently facilitated the academic and clinical success of countless numbers of nurse anesthesia students at the master’s level, and now at the DNAP.
Longtime faculty member Carrie Bowman-Dalley,
- Is ranked as a top 10 nurse anesthesia program by U.S. News & World Report (new window)(in publication’s master’s rankings)
- Features an award-winning and relatively unique approach to teaching anatomy and anesthesia using Georgetown’s human cadaver lab
- Offers clinical placements by faculty in unique settings across the metropolitan DC/MD/VA region
- Founded the Student Journal of Nurse Anesthesia (new window) in December 2003 that has evolved into an international journal with articles from students around the world
- Prepares graduates to successfully take the National Certification Examination (NCE) (new window) for nurse anesthetists.
- The DNAP program graduated its third class in May 2022. We are proud of and congratulate the DNAP Program Class of 2022 for their 95% 1st attempt pass rate and 100% pass rate within six weeks of graduation on the National Certification Exam for Nurse Anesthetists. The first cohort graduated in May 2020 with 100% 1st attempt pass rate. These results are higher than the state and national average.
- The overall attrition rate for the DNAP program is currently 4%.
- The 2022, 2021, and 2020 employment record for new grads is 100% within 2 months of graduation.
Historical Note about GU Nurse Anesthesia
The Nurse Anesthesia Program at Georgetown University operated at the master’s level from 1994 until December 2018. The master’s-level program transitioned to the Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice Program, which enrolled its first class in June 2017. The last cohort of master’s-level students completed the program in December 2018.
The Doctor of Nurse Anesthesia Practice Program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA) (new window). The DNAP program is accredited until 2024.
The council’s contact information is as follows: COA 10275 W. Higgins Rd., Suite 906, Rosemont, IL 60018-5603 Ph: (224) 275-9130